Examination Rules and Regulations
The examination rules are updated on a regular basis and are available from any IMM GSM office.
The following is a summarised version of the examination Rules and Regulations.
- No smoking or eating is allowed in the examination venue.
- All rough work must be completed in the answer book/s and should be crossed out in the answer book/s before handing in.
- Water, in transparent containers, is permitted.
- Examinations must be written in ink and not in pencil.
- Students must keep their stationery on their desks in transparent pencil cases/plastic bags only.
- Students may not keep their bags, suitcases, electronic equipment, dictionaries or any other references or material on their desks while writing an examination (except in the case of an open book examination).
- No laptops, electronic devices, iPads or similar devices, will be allowed in any exam whatsoever.
- Hats and caps must be removed prior to the examination.
- Approved calculators may only be used during the examination if specifically authorised.
- Students may not borrow any item from any other student during the course of the examination.
- The examinations are conducted in strict silence. Students who are disruptive will not be allowed to complete the examination. If a student requires anything during the course of the examination session, he/she should raise his/her hand to gain the attention of the invigilator.
- Answer books remain the property of the IMM GSM and may not be removed from the examination venue (in full or in part). Students may not remove any pages from the answer book. Examination question papers, however, may be removed from the examination venue.
- If a student uses more than one answer book, the total number of answer books submitted must be indicated on each answer book, for example, 1 of 2, 2 of 2 etc. Failure to comply with this instruction may result in the additional answer books not being marked.
- Students must ensure that their student number is entered in the appropriate block of each answer book/sheet handed in as well as on the top of the relevant pages.
- Students may not leave the examination hall during the first hour or the last 15 minutes of the examination.
- Students must arrive at the examination venue at least 30 minutes before the start of the examination and they must be seated at least 15 minutes prior to the examination start time. The examination venue doors are closed 10 minutes before the examination is scheduled to commence. No student will be permitted to enter the examination venue after the first hour.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the examination hall temporarily, except in cases of urgent necessity, and then only under strict supervision. Permission to leave the hall is granted at the discretion of the invigilator.
- Students acknowledge and accept that the IMM GSM is indemnified against all liability, loss, personal injury and/or damage from any cause arising, which students and/or their dependants may sustain or suffer as a result of the students being present on the IMM GSM premises and/or writing any examination at any examination venue selected by the IMM GSM. Students are therefore specifically advised not to bring any valuables whatsoever to the IMM GSM examination venue. Failure to observe the examination rules above will be considered cheating. Students who are found cheating, or who are suspected of cheating in the examinations, will be suspended from the IMM GSM, pending a decision by the IMM GSM Academic Board.
The examination result constitutes 80% of the total assessment result, whilst the assignment result constitutes 20% of the total assessment result.
Assessment results are made available only to fully paid-up students, on the date as published on the Calendar of Events.
Assessment results will be released in the form of percentages:
75% or more = A (Distinction)
70% - 74% = B
60% - 69% = C
50% - 59% = D