The MPhil in Marketing is offered at level 9 of the NQF (HEQSF aligned) and consists of 180 credits. The MPhil in Marketing comprises of a research dissertation which must be completed within four years.
A student who is in possession of the following may apply for admission:
- BCom Honours with Marketing and Research Methodology on the NQF Level 8 (HEQSF aligned); or
- BPhil Honours with Marketing and Research Methodology on the NQF Level 8 (HEQSF aligned); or
- BA Honours in Marketing Communications with Marketing and Marketing Communications as majors on the NQF Level 8 (HEQSF aligned)
- Any other equivalent qualifications
- An overall average of 60% must have been achieved on the NQF level 8 qualification
- A CV and motivational letter are required
Applicants are required to complete the Postgraduate Application for Admission form for the MPhil in Marketing, which together with certified copies of educational certificates, identity documents, a letter of motivation and a CV, should be returned by registered post to:
The Registrations Officer
IMM Graduate School
P O Box 91820
In addition, students may be required to submit a provisional research proposal to the IMM Graduate School Research Committee.
A non-refundable deposit (see fee structure) must accompany the Postgraduate Application for Admission form.
The Dean may refuse a student admission to the Masters qualification, if he/she is of the opinion that the student’s academic background does not meet the required academic standards for the proposed studies.The Dean also has the right to prescribe any additional modules on honours level to ensure that the candidate complies with all requirements.